Dauphin County, PA Pet Pain Management
“Pain is not acceptable.”
At Harrisburg Regional Veterinary, we are very generous with pain medications
and always say “pain is not acceptable”.
Dr. Zeltzman considers pain management, the number 1 priority for caring for your pet before, during, and after surgery. Committed to the personalized treatment of your pet, our team offers the latest in pain management options:
- Sedatives to keep your pet calm and stress-free before surgery.
- An anti-nausea medication.
- Morphine-like pain medication in the IV fluid, so your pet gets a micro-dose in each drop before, during, and after surgery (and overnight).
- If applicable, a pain medication in the joint before and after surgery.
- If applicable, Nocita, a pain medication injected by Dr. Zeltzman around the surgery site to numb it for up to 3 days (similar to the Novocaine you get at the dentist, except that it’s out of your gums in an hour!).
- But wait, there’s more! We will send your pet home with 2 or sometimes 3 pain medications.
- Your pet will also receive antibiotics before, during, and after surgery.
Regardless of the surgery, our goal is to keep your pet as comfortable and safe as possible.