“Pain is not acceptable.”
At Harrisburg Regional Veterinary, we are very generous with pain medications
and always say “pain is not acceptable”.
Dr. Zeltzman considers pain management, the number 1 priority for caring for your pet before, during, and after surgery. Committed to the personalized treatment of your pet, our team offers the latest in pain management options:
- Sedatives to keep your pet calm and stress-free before surgery.
- An anti-nausea medication.
- Morphine-like pain medication in the IV fluid, so your pet gets a micro-dose in each drop before, during, and after surgery (and overnight).
- If applicable, a pain medication in the joint before and after surgery.
- If applicable, Nocita, a pain medication injected by Dr. Zeltzman around the surgery site to numb it for up to 3 days (similar to the Novocaine you get at the dentist, except that it’s out of your gums in an hour!).
- But wait, there’s more! We will send your pet home with 2 or sometimes 3 pain medications.
- Your pet will also receive antibiotics before, during, and after surgery.
Regardless of the surgery, our goal is to keep your pet as comfortable and safe as possible.